LWN article about us

Jason Lim maillist at jasonlim.com
Fri Feb 4 02:40:01 UTC 2005

Actually, if you're talking about the RedHat Linux distros, the last
"stable" one was Redhat Linux 9. All the FC ones are being released way
too fast and frequently to be used on a stable server.

Lets look at it this way... if you are on a desktop and using Fedora, just
keep upgrading to the next release when it comes out. They were made to be
frequently upgraded. A bit of upgrade time is acceptable on a
desktop/workstation, but it isn't acceptable on a server. FC was never
supposed to have a long lifespan for each release.

The last version of RedHat Linux that would have been used on servers most
commonly is RH9. We still have a lot of RH9 servers running, while 7.x and
8 has been moved to RH9 as well.

Anyway, hope that shows support for RH9!!!

> On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 03:01:57AM +0200, Steve Stavropoulos wrote:
> >  RedHat 7.3 is the only "real" server distro fedoralegacy currently
> > supports. All others are meant to be more desktop machines than 7.3.
I'd