Yum Problem

Marcus Lauer marcus.lauer at nyu.edu
Fri Jan 14 17:25:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 12:08, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> Quoting Pekka Savola <pekkas at netcore.fi>:
>
> > Umm,
> >
> > Could we stop discussing these "yum issues" (whether related to yum or
> > not) at this list, please?  It's long since become off-topic, and this
> > is not the help forum for yum or <whatever>.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> I disagree.  The person is asking for yum help using Fedoralegacy.org,
> so it is on topic.

        Well, the question was originally about yum, but it became clear
at some point that it was a network configuration issue.  There was also
a significant sub-discussion about using PuTTY.

        Certainly at some point the discussion should move to another
mailing list.  Personally, I agree with Paul Pettit that at this point
any further questions should go to the RedHat general discustion list.

--

Marcus Lauer
Lab Manager for the Curtis Lab