Wiki Permissions

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Jul 20 19:07:30 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 13:32 -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> I don't see a need for what you are saying here.  The only need I see is
> for packages which fall outside the spec of Fedora Legacy.
>
> I think we (I and others) made it pretty clear the page was for stuff
> outside of the FL scope.  And your reply to it seemed to me to be taken
> in that spirit.  If that isn't your intend, then please clarify.

Appearently I wasn't paying attention to the thread.  At one time,
'contrib' was talked about as a web space that folks who had none could
put packages for bugzilla entries up.  It was not for add-on 3rd party
stuff for old releases.  I must have been confused if/when I replied to
a thread about add-on stuff, or I just wasn't paying attention.  I
apologize for that.

We have 0 need for a page to link to add-on or 3rd party packages for
older releases.  We're here to fix security bugs in existing software,
not add to it (with the exception of yum to get the updates)  I'm sorry
if I led the project into believing that this was OK.  It is not, and
the page should be removed.  3rd party add-ons can go somewhere else,
they are not Legacy scope.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (http://www.fedoralegacy.org)