Wiki Permissions

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 20 19:12:57 UTC 2005

Quoting Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net>:

> Appearently I wasn't paying attention to the thread.  At one time,
> 'contrib' was talked about as a web space that folks who had none could
> put packages for bugzilla entries up.

Personally, I'd rather see an ftp site for this.  Better control, more
universal and less prone to corruption, etc.

> We have 0 need for a page to link to add-on or 3rd party packages for
> older releases.

Well, if "We" == "The Fedora Legacy Project" then no, if "We" ==
"the people who use Fedora Legacy" then their is obviously a great
demand for this, both from people who want to share their packages, and
even more from people who want to find such packages.

> We're here to fix security bugs in existing software,

Unfortunately, since we consumed the older project which did provide add-ons
and updates, people are still looking for than functionality.  Now, why
they can't find it in ATrpms et all is another question.

Maybe we could solve this problem by adding an FAQ entry which points to
ATrpms, FreshRPMS, etc. and telling them to look there for that kind of
support?

> not add to it (with the exception of yum to get the updates)  I'm sorry
> if I led the project into believing that this was OK.  It is not, and
> the page should be removed.  3rd party add-ons can go somewhere else,
> they are not Legacy scope.

I've removed the link to the page (not sure how to remove the actual
orphaned page, assume that will happen automatically or something).

What about putting an FAQ entry pointing to sites which do provide updated
packages for "legacy" os versions?  Would that be okay, and if so, should
I create it?

--
Eric Rostetter