Some Suggestions (Mirror Space, gaim, ethereal, etc)

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Jul 25 20:29:34 UTC 2005

Marc Deslauriers wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 02:25 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
>
>>You mean the existing options don't work?
>>
>># OPTION: perl integration (FC1+)
>>%define perl_integration        1
>># OPTION: krb5 for Zephyr protocol (FC1+)
>>%define krb_integration         1
>># OPTION: gtkspell integration (FC1+)
>>%define gtkspell_integration    1
>># OPTION: Preferred Applications with gnome-open (FC1+)
>>%define gnome_open_integration  1
>># OPTION: Evolution 1.5+ integration (FC3+)
>>%define evolution_integration   1
>># OPTION: SILC integration (FC3+)
>>%define silc_integration        1
>>
>>Just flip the booleans.  This spec should theoretically work with RH9+
>>with everything zero, FC1+ with the first four options one, and FC3+
>>with all options one.
>

> There are a couple of more issues with older releases...off the top of
> my head: rh73 and rh9 need an explicit perl path for the perl plugin to
> be built correctly, rh73 can't ship with the system tray icon, etc.
>
> I usually build FC1+ by flipping the booleans.

rh73 has a working gtk2 for gaim-1.x?

If you can give me details about the perl path for RH73 and RH9, I can
improve the default gaim.spec.  I just never bothered to do so for the
past year because the upstream perl plugin has been broken and unsable
for a long time, so nobody would miss it being gone anyway.

(Upstream gaim is in the process of fixing the perl plugin now, one of
their Google Summer of Code projects.)

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com