changes are needed, we need keep moving

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 20:04:56 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 15:55 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 03:31:11PM -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> > http://www.netcore.fi/pekkas/buglist-rhl73.html, I see 95% of cruft that
> > makes it difficult to focus on the 4 or 5% that I care about.  Do we
> > really need to be releasing a mozilla for rh73?
>
> Yes, if we consider rh73 supported at all. There's important remote security
> flaws in the older version.

I have rh73 installs that don't have mozilla installed.  What's the
impact on me?

My question is this:  Do we waste time and distract from important
packages by crowding the field with application level patches for
allications that few (if anyone) is using.  Seriously, who is using RH73
in desktop environments?  Do we have any stats on this?

-Jim P.