changes are still needed

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Sat Jun 11 04:34:50 UTC 2005

OK, almost a week has passed since the last message on this thread.  I
think we need to decide what to do.

Specific suggestions?

I've seen at least the following proposals:

  1) 1 VERIFY vote needed (for any version), after that packages are
published after 2 weeks of timeout unless needswork/discuss or issues
are identified.

  2) 2 VERIFY votes are needed (for any version), after that packages
are published after 2 weeks of timeout unless needswork/discuss or
issues are identified.
    a) timeout is counted from the first VERIFY
    b) timeout is counted from the second VERIFY

  3) 2 VERIFY votes are needed (for any version), after that packages
are published after at most 4 weeks of timeout after the first verify,
but two weeks after the second, unless needswork/discuss or issues are
identified.

  4) 2 VERIFY votes are needed (for any version), after that packages
are published after 4 weeks of timeout unless needswork/discuss or
issues are identified.

1) or 2) are OK by me.  I could also live with 3) but I think it's
overly complex. 4) does not seem like a sufficient change.

Let's have the opinions by Monday, and make the decision then?  We
can't stall anymore.