proposed verify change

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 15 14:28:36 UTC 2005

Quoting Johnny Strom <jonny.strom at netikka.fi>:

> Pekka Savola wrote:
> > In the interest of stopping the discussion and getting back to action, I
> > propose the following change (from Eric):

Yes, I've spent more time on this e-mail thread than I have doing QA, which
is sad.  I'd like to see it end.

> >    1 verify vote (for any version) plus 4 weeks of no activity, or 2 verify
> >    votes (for any version) and 2 weeks of no activity after the first
> >    verify vote.

I'm of course in favor of it.  We can re-evaluate it after a couple months
to see how it is working.

> > I also suggest that unless there is significant objection, this is
> > implemented already this week by adding something like
> > "timeout=20050618" in the status whiteboard for the packages.

I'm still foggy on the whiteboard thing.  As far as I can tell, only people
with sufficient karma or the bug-owner can update the whiteboard status?
Is this correct?  I know all my attempts to change a whiteboard have
failed so far.

--
Eric Rostetter