proposed verify change

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Jun 15 15:24:59 UTC 2005

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Eric Rostetter wrote:
>>> I also suggest that unless there is significant objection, this is
>>> implemented already this week by adding something like
>>> "timeout=20050618" in the status whiteboard for the packages.
>
> I'm still foggy on the whiteboard thing.  As far as I can tell, only people
> with sufficient karma or the bug-owner can update the whiteboard status?
> Is this correct?  I know all my attempts to change a whiteboard have
> failed so far.

Based on some experimental results, I think it is correct, though I'm
not sure whether this could be easily changed or not (either for
specific "watchers" persons or for everyone).  I guess this is one
more thing to investigate by the Fedora Legacy leadership.

I personally have "special powers" due to having been in the Red Hat
beta team.  I do not know how many others in the FL project can edit
whiteboards (and other things) in bugzilla at will, but I'd certainly
hope all the "core" members (whoever those are) are able to do so...