Can we get a zlib update?

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Wed Mar 2 02:32:03 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jesse Keating"
> This is not what Legacy is here for.  We don't update just because we
> can.  We backport security because it provides maximum stability.  If a
> person wants a 3rd party software set that requires newer tools, they
> can get the newer tools themselves and deal with the compatibility and
> stability issues themselves.
>
> -EWONTFIX

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

 October 3rd, 2004
" Version 1.2.2 eliminates a potential security vulnerability in zlib 1.2.1,
so all users of 1.2.1 should upgrade immediately."

I'm no expert to firmly disagree with you. With such a small changelog, why
not go for 1.2.2 and be done with it in this special case?

I like their slogan:
"A Massively Spiffy Yet Delicately Unobtrusive Compression Library"

-Eric Wood