how to get started with helping the project [...]

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Thu Mar 3 20:50:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> All I'm saying is this:  Put the truth on the website.  If FL isn't
> meant to be relied upon, nor if it isn't meant to be used in production
> systems, nor if it isn't suppose to be quality support for EOL'ed RH
> systems... just put the truth on the website so that visitors have
> correct data.

It's meant to be _community support_.

> It seems to me that this following paragraph from the website should be
> removed:
>
>  "The goal of The Fedora Legacy Project is to work with the Linux
>   community to provide security and critical bug fix errata packages
>   for select End of Life Red Hat Linux and Fedora Core distributions.
>   This will allow for a longer effective life for those releases."
>
> After all, the above goes counter to a lot of the comments expressed
> here today.  Notably the ones about "test it yourself" and "expecting
> anything else is unrealisticaly wrong."

This is still valid, unless you assume that the updates for EOL
distributions are useless unless they are very rigorously tested under
industry-grade circumstances.

A lot of people obviously disagree with that notion, so the text is
correct.

If you have constructive wording suggestion without the abovementioned
assumption, I'm sure we'd like to hear it..