how to get started with helping the project [...]

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 15:10:32 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 08:54 -0600, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> What exactly do you expect us to accomplish is two days?

Some discussion about the message not the delivery.

> Maybe if you put together a "TODO" list for us of things you'd like to
> see done?   A start might be:
>
> * Set up a communications structure to notify the community of important events
> * Create a backup plan should Jesse get run over by a bus
> * Write some documentation about things unrelated to the project like the
>   production quality of various RHL and FC releases.
> * Write some docs about using Bugzilla (may have to wait until Bugzilla
>   conversion from fedora.us to redhat.com).

That's funny, some of those are the very things I *have* already listed.
I guess you were too busy complaining about me complaining to have
noticed.

I did say that there needed to be more structure, and I asked Jesse to
NOT work on future builds until he set this up.

I did ask for better documentation about the processes and procedures,
and not just better docs but more clarification so that more people can
actually do things to help out.

-Jim P.