Error: ... correct GPG keys installed?

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 4 16:37:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 15:12:36 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 01:26:10PM -0500, Jim Popovitch wrote:
>>    gpg --list-keys
>
> While this is generally right for gpg, Alexander Dalloz is correct in that
> it doesn't apply to rpm package signatures, which is what yum is checking.
> Instead, you need to have the right gpg key in your RPM database -- check
> with `rpm -q gpg-pubkey`, and import with `rpm --import
> Fedora-Legacy-GPG-KEY`.

I tried both, but I don't know what to make of the output. I get :
                         =====
[root at localhost root]# rpm -q gpg-pubkey
gpg-pubkey-4f2a6fd2-3f9d9d3b
gpg-pubkey-db42a60e-37ea5438
[root at localhost root]# rpm --import Fedora-Legacy-GPG-KEY
error: Fedora-Legacy-GPG-KEY: import read failed.
[root at localhost root]#
                          =====
--
Beartooth Implacable, Linux Evangelist & Gadfly
neo-redneck, curmudgeonly codger with FC1 & YDL 4.0