Error: ... correct GPG keys installed?

nigel henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Mon Mar 7 19:10:37 UTC 2005

On Saturday 05 Mar 2005 10:01 pm, beartooth wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 21:21:02 +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> > This is
> >
> > http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/RPMS.stable/perl-DateManip
> >-5.42-0.fdr.2.a.1.noarch.rpm
> >
> > from fedora.us. Which is a very different repository and uses its own
> > GPG key.
> >
> > rpm --import http://www.fedora.us/FEDORA-GPG-KEY
>
> Jackpot and then some! I went and put the same yum.conf on another FC1
> machine; got the same error; and did only the one key import, as above --
> and it went swimmingly.
>
> I presume that means fedora.us got hit first and gave yum all it wanted,
> with no failover to anything else. Congrats to fedora.us!
>
> Is there an easy way, or a list somewhere (like the list of mirrors), to
> get other GPG keys? It'd be nice to have them.
>
> There are quite a few repos *not* commented out in that yum.conf, which I
> suppose it might hit if I happen to run yum at a time when fedora.us is
> under heavy load -- and I notice that the format for the import command
> for Dag Wieers, for instance, is not the same as for fedora.us ....

Hi beartooth. The only thing I would say for what it's worth is be carefull
about conflicts between different repositories. With FC1 it won't be a
problem as no-one else is providing updates for the system. But FC2 for
instance might be a bit different as there are repositories all over the
place for updates. For instance. I added the dag wieers repository to my apt
sources.list that I use for planetccrma music software updates and the FC2
ones as well. Then did an apt-get update. There were a few bits from dag
wieers for updating the system including apt. I presumed planetccrma might
have missed em, so updated them. Problems! The updated apt from dag wieers
had also created a new sources.list with dag wieers repositories and about 5
others including freshrpms. No sign of the planetccrma repositories, and the
original sources.list with the planet repositories had disappeared! I got it
back in place, but all was a bit annoying. You might have an app installed
from repository "x" and get updates for it from them. You then add a new
repository to the list which happens to have the same app. You do a yum
update and the new repository proceeds to update your app from repository
"x". I'm not saying you will get conflicts, but just be aware that they can
occur. Glad you got the legacy key installed. Nigel.