Questions about creating RPMs

Hello, all -

I know that a lot of you guys are making Fedora Legacy RPMs, and I was curious as to if you use some sort of template in vi or *gasp* emacs or something of the like. I've been doing this by hand for a bit now, and it's a lot of work. Surely there's a simplified way.

I read somewhere that emacs has a template for creating spec files, but was not entirely sure if this is what you guys used.

In all reality, I should just go get a book instead of being lazy, but I thought it might be good to ask.

Thanks!
-dant