recent rh9 updates broke rpm?

Peter Surda shurdeek at routehat.org
Wed Mar 9 21:12:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 02:52:10PM -0600, Damian Menscher wrote:
> Anyone else have this problem with this week's updates?  It'd be nice to
> know that it's not just me....  Other suggestions also welcome.
Actually, I have exactly the same problem and similarly to your situation, it
only happens on some (in my case one) computer. When I run yum with -d 10, it
says:

[lots of stuff deleted]
Resolving dependencies
Updating: less, i386
localhdrpath= /var/cache/yum/updates/headers/less-0-378-7.2.legacy.i386.hdr
for less i386
Not an install only pkg, adding to ts
Speicherzugriffsfehler

(speicherzugriffsfehler == "memory access error" == segmentation fault)

> Damian Menscher
Bye,

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <shurdeek at routehat.org>, ICQ 10236103, +436505122023

--