Positions Vacant

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Mar 10 15:26:14 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 19:39 +0000, Richard Mitchell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to apply for the position of Mirror Co-ordinator.  I
> currently run my own IT business and have done so for the past 15
> years.  I use fedora core 3 as a primary operating system for my
> business as well as for home use.
>
> Up until recently I have hosted many mirrors for many projects
> including apache, tldp and debian.
>
> I feel that I would be exceptional in this position as I have
> experience dealing with people and also experience with running and
> assisting to run projects within my own business and within our
> clients businesses.

Hi Richard.  This position isn't yet fully defined, but basically I
would like to redirect the 'mirrors at fedoralegacy.org' email address to
you, so that you could handle working with the mirror admins.  There are
some files that have to be managed as well.  A list of mirrors on the
website CVS, an rsync file with the IP addresses of each mirror for a
private port, and just a text file of the ip addresses and email
addresses of each mirror.

Right now these files require a level of access to the servers that I'm
not comfortable with allowing other people to have.  Would you object to
me handing you current copies of these files for you to edit and hand
back to me periodically so that I can update them on the live server?

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (http://www.fedoralegacy.org)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: