mysql-server

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 29 23:25:34 UTC 2005

Quoting "Pettit, Paul" <ismanager at ccbnpts.com>:

> Heh, well do you happen to know when the yum auto update runs? You are

When ever you tell it to.

> aware of the impact that FL's documentation has if you simply follow
> step 4 and make no other changes?

So why don't you propose changes to the docs?

> It is FL's documentation after all so

FL is a community.  The docs are the community's docs.  As part of the
community, they are now your docs also.  If you find fault in them,
help change them.

> you should know that those using the yum auto update would update Friday
> MORNING at 4am or so (assuming that cron.daily is running per stock
> settings).

And you implemented it, so hopefully *you* would know when it would run,
and change it if needed.

But, as your discussion (not you) pointed out, the docs probably need
updating.  It's now on my todo list because of your discussion.

> Look, all I wanted to do was point out a particular situation. If the

You also pointed out a particular solution.  It was rejected.  But some
people would still like to help you and others to find another solution.
If you don't want that help, say so.

> powers that be (i.e. you?) feel it's of no concern than so be it. Life

With all the e-mails this thread is generating, how could you think it
is of no concern to us?

> goes on, we find work arounds, and things proceed in a (somewhat)
> orderly fasion. I hope that those "powers" take note but if not then oh
> well, at least I did my part and spoke up and no one can say "why did
> that update fail on Christmas!" We all know now that it's possible that
> an FL update will appear on Christmas Eve and should plan and program
> accordingly. :)

Yes, true.

--
Eric Rostetter