Fedora Legacy Test Update Notification: openoffice.org

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Thu May 5 04:48:14 UTC 2005

Marc Deslauriers wrote:

>Fedora Legacy Test Update Notification
>FEDORALEGACY-2005-154988
>2005-05-02
>
>Name        : openoffice.org
>Versions    : rh9: openoffice-1.0.2-11.2.legacy
>Versions    : fc1: openoffice.org-1.1.0-16.2.legacy
>Versions    : fc2: openoffice.org-1.1.3-11.4.0.fc2
>Summary     : OpenOffice.org comprehensive office suite.
>Description :
>OpenOffice.org is an Open Source, community-developed, multi-platform
>office productivity suite.  It includes the key desktop applications,
>such as a word processor, spreadsheet, presentation manager, formula
>editor and drawing program, with a user interface and feature set
>similar to other office suites.  Sophisticated and flexible,
>OpenOffice.org also works transparently with a variety of file
>formats, including Microsoft Office.

I'm willing to give QA testing a shot on the fc2 openoffice.org package,
particularly if it is possible to retain my current oo installation in
addition to running the test package.  I presume that it is possible to
setup a new user and install the test package in that user space without
disturbing my existing program/user space.

Hints or suggestions on how to proceed are welcome.

Dave Curry