Comments - Fedora Legacy Home Page

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Sat May 7 04:47:54 UTC 2005

Here are a few suggestions on possible simplifications and edits of the
Fedora Legacy Project home page.

1.  I find the About, FAQs, Updated Overview, and Project Overview links
substantially redundant.  It seems plausible to me that the material
could/should be consolidated into About and FAQs.

2.  Now that FC2 bugs have been vetted for security issues, are listed
in Fedora Legacy Bugs, fixes for some bugs have been compiled and
published for testing, I wonder if it is time to list Fedora Core 2 as a
Supported Release along with RHL 7.3, RHL 9, and FC1.

3.  The News section might be improved by deleting several links.
"internetnews.com Article" directs readers to an article that is now 16
months old, leaving readers with a perception that the Fedora Legacy
site is perhaps not kept up to date.  Per my comment in item 1 above,
the "Project Overview"  link might be eliminated through consolidation
of the material with that in "About".  "CVS for Web Site" might be
relocated to the documentation page.

FWIW,

Dave Curry