Problem with openmotif-devel-2.2.2-14.2.legacy update

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Sat May 14 14:09:41 UTC 2005

On Sat, 14 May 2005, Al Sera wrote:
> Basically the update is showing conflicts for mostly header files from
> the lesstif-devel-0.93.36-3 package. I wonder if anyone is having this
> same problem. Following is a copy of the "yum update" attempt.
>
> I am hoping this is the correct method to report the issue. If not, I
> apologize... and please advise with the correct method. Best regards. [ars].

Well, since OpenMotif and lesstif provide the same thing, a Motif-compatible
toolkit.  So I'd expect that their -devel packages would conflict.  You'll
probably have to remove either lesstif or openmotif.

But, if both these packages are in the RH9 Legacy repository, this should get
fixed in Legacy, since packages in the same repo should not conflict.

Dan