Problem with openmotif-devel-2.2.2-14.2.legacy update

Al Sera alberto.sera at arssys.com
Sat May 14 17:01:43 UTC 2005

Dan Williams wrote:
> On Sat, 14 May 2005, Al Sera wrote:
>
>>Basically the update is showing conflicts for mostly header files from
>>the lesstif-devel-0.93.36-3 package. I wonder if anyone is having this
>>same problem. Following is a copy of the "yum update" attempt.
>>
>>I am hoping this is the correct method to report the issue. If not, I
>>apologize... and please advise with the correct method. Best regards. [ars].
>

> Well, since OpenMotif and lesstif provide the same thing, a Motif-compatible
> toolkit.  So I'd expect that their -devel packages would conflict.  You'll
> probably have to remove either lesstif or openmotif.
>
> But, if both these packages are in the RH9 Legacy repository, this should get
> fixed in Legacy, since packages in the same repo should not conflict.
>
> Dan

Looks to me like lesstif is not registered in the RH9 legacy repository.
A "yum list lesstif" shows it in my RH9 box but not as an available
package from the RH9 Legacy repository. So I guess I need to remove one
and stick with the other. Since I am maintaining my box with Legacy
updates, I'll stick with openmotif and will remove lesstif... unless
anyone had any other suggestions. Thanks for the quick feedback. [ars].