Problem with openmotif-devel-2.2.2-14.2.legacy update

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Sat May 14 17:13:04 UTC 2005

On Sat, 14 May 2005 13:01:43 -0400 in 42862EF7.4020500 at arssys.com Al
Sera <alberto.sera at arssys.com> wrote:

> Dan Williams wrote:
> > On Sat, 14 May 2005, Al Sera wrote:
> >
> >>Basically the update is showing conflicts for mostly header files
> >from  >the lesstif-devel-0.93.36-3 package. I wonder if anyone is
> >having this  >same problem. Following is a copy of the "yum update"
> >attempt. >
> >>I am hoping this is the correct method to report the issue. If not,
> >I  >apologize... and please advise with the correct method. Best
> >regards. [ars].
> >

> > Well, since OpenMotif and lesstif provide the same thing, a
> > Motif-compatible  toolkit.  So I'd expect that their -devel packages
> > would conflict.  You'll  probably have to remove either lesstif or
> > openmotif.
> >
> > But, if both these packages are in the RH9 Legacy repository, this
> > should get  fixed in Legacy, since packages in the same repo should
> > not conflict.
> >
> > Dan
>
> Looks to me like lesstif is not registered in the RH9 legacy
> repository.  A "yum list lesstif" shows it in my RH9 box but not as an
> available  package from the RH9 Legacy repository. So I guess I need
> to remove one  and stick with the other. Since I am maintaining my box
> with Legacy  updates, I'll stick with openmotif and will remove
> lesstif... unless  anyone had any other suggestions. Thanks for the
> quick feedback. [ars].

No, lesstif is an RH9 package, not an RH9 legacy pacvkage.

I have both installed on my system, the versions are the same as yours.

rpm -ql for each package shows no clash of files as the headers are in
different paths.

I don't understand why you're having this problem unless you have
rebuilt from source rpms with modified paths specified.

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk

GnuPG key ID DE32E5C5 - http://wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/wwwkeys.html