FC2 quit connecting

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sat May 14 17:17:10 UTC 2005

On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 12:20:46PM -0400, beartooth wrote:
> Last night I upgraded my wife's 1998 pentium2 desktop from FC1 to FC2,
> using CDs which a helpful soul had downloaded and burned for me back in
> February; they had worked then, and FC2 ran fine on my testbed machine, a
> 1998 pentium2, until the other day when that antiques developed hardware
> trouble. (It's in the shop now.)

Hi. We really don't have a lot of resources for technical support -- this
list is mostly about producing updates for security issues. I'd highly
recommend going to a newer version and asking questions on the main Fedora
Core list.

> I tried hacking through the internet wizard. That got me to a
> configuration screen that was already set to use DHCP, but had an IP
> address in it which I didn't recognize -- it may be the one to my ISP
> directly. It certainly isn't one of the form 192.168.20.1xx which the DHCP
> in my router uses.

This is system-config-network? I'd suggest deleting all that and recreating.