Problem updating gcc on 7.3 via yum

G. Roderick Singleton gerry at pathtech.org
Wed May 18 14:59:19 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 09:22 -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> Quoting "G. Roderick Singleton" <gerry at pathtech.org>:
>
> > I keep getting errors such as the following:
> >
> >  yum update gcc
>
> I don't know if either of these will work, but I'd try these commands:
>
> yum upgrade gcc
>
> yum update gcc gcc-c++ gcc-g77 gcc-objc
>
> Again not sure if either of those will solve it, but they are worth a try.

Di try all of these. None worked, unfortunately. Solved my problem with
apt-get.

> > However I do see these packages in the repositories. Please tell me how
> > to workaround the problem so I can update to legacy current.
>
> Try the above commands (either or both) and report back.

As I said I found an apt-get that worked and used that to update. That
worked. Installed the newest kernel manually. Am now trying to get a gcc
installation that will support tbird and firefox.

--
G. Roderick Singleton <gerry at pathtech.org>
PATH tech