Fedora Legacy / FC2 / apt problem

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon May 23 15:21:51 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 07:44:27AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> We should do something like RH does w/ Fedora releases, and have a
> tracker bug that lists all the other bugs that are required to be fixed
> before a release can be released.  So for us there would be bugs like
> 'no repo dir created' or 'website has no info' or things like this.
> Notes such as 'use fedora Legacy in apt' would be handy there.
> Can somebody look into the way RH does the tracker bugs and figure out a
> way for us to do the same?

It's simple -- file a new bug with a subject like "Fedora Legacy 3 Tracker",
and mark the other bugs as blocking that one.

It's handy if you give the bug an alias like "FL3Tracker", as well -- that
way it's obvious when looking at the other bugs.

And you are supposed to give it the "Tracking" keyword, but RH doesn't
always do that.