Sendmail Connection Refused

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed May 25 19:18:02 UTC 2005

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 02:30:45PM -0400, Jake Colman wrote:

> My sendmail is set to listen on port 2525 since my ISP has blocked port 25.

Your sendmail daemon can listen on multiple ports.

> Something about sendmail.mc/cf changed
> during the upgrade and its broken me.  Any ideas where I should look?

Do you have backups to compare?

> This is the (seemingly) relevant section of my sendmail.mc:
>
> define(`SMART_HOST', `mail.optonline.net')dnl

Your internal mail, sent to user@"myFQDN" and not just to 'user',
is not going through SMART_HOST

> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=2525, Name=MTA')dnl

Try to add

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=25, Name=MTAI')dnl

to your sendmail.mc.  For "Name" above you can use really whatever
you wnat to. This is where you will listen to various programs
trying to talk to your port 25.  Make sure that you do not block
yourself on a firewall.

> MASQUERADE_AS(`jnc.com')dnl

By default 'root' is not masqueraded.

   Michal