May I ask for your helps?

Jack of PC Home wdsjack at pchome.com.tw
Thu May 26 03:41:13 UTC 2005

Hi guys

May I ask for your helps?

I am trying to setup a DNS server. My system information are listed below.

            REDHAT: 9.0
            LINUX KERNAL VERSION: 2.4.20-42.9.legacy
            BIND VERSION: bind-utils-9.2.1-16
                                 bind-9.2.1-16
                                 bind-devel-9.2.1-16

After installing BIND, I tried to check if everything is running ok. So, I
use "named -g" to check the system. Followings are the information
I got
            Starting BIND 9.2.1 -g
            Using 1 CPU
            no IPv6 interface found
            listening on IPv4 interface lo, 127.0.0.1#53
            listening on IPv4 interface eth0, 192.168.1.40#53
            command channel listening on 127.0.0.1#953
            ignoring config file logging statement due to -g option
            Zone xxx.xxx.xxx/IN: loaded serial 2005052301
            running

Everything seemed to be running good. But, when I tried to start up
named by using "service named start". I got problem. The system did
not listen port #53. But, it showed "OK" after I ran "service named start".
I tried to restart the system but it did not solve this problem.

Have you ever experienced this kind of problem? May I have your recommendations?

Jack