Upcoming transition of FC3

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 21 23:21:51 UTC 2005

On Oct 21, 2005, at 5:46 PM, Axel Thimm wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 11:53:45AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> I never did like all the extra repo files for each repository.  I
>> liked
>> the idea of one file per family, so there was one file for say
>> freshrpms, one for atrpms, one for extras, one for core/updates,
>> one for
>> Legacy.  Each having sub-repos such as testing/devel/whatever.  But
>> thats just my opinion.  Easier to edit one file than 4.  Fedora
>> steering
>> folks tell me that I can go w/ what I prefer.  Thoughts?
>>

> I agree. Modularity is nice, and when sometimes missed too much,
> people then tend to have each configuration line in a separate file :)
>
> I'd even go as far as declare legacy as part of core/updates. In fact
> that's how ATrpms distributes yum/smart/apt configuration
> bits. core/updates/legacy (including disabled *-testing bits) are all
> in a "base" config file.

I'm not sure I understand quite what you mean by the 2nd paragraph...

Anyway, here's an updated package with two main changes:
1) all repos live in one file - fedora-legacy.repo
2) file is marked as config(noreplace) in the RPM

http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~jeff/legacy/legacy-yumconf-3-2.fc3.src.rpm

Spec: http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~jeff/legacy/legacy-yumconf-2.spec

-Jeff