Upcoming transition of FC3

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 21 16:26:34 UTC 2005

On Oct 21, 2005, at 12:08 PM, Michal Jaegermann wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 11:49:14AM -0400, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
>

>> By the way, where to store the GPG key on FC3?  I think /etc/pki
>> wasn't brought around until FC4, so I am thinking that /usr/share/
>> doc/
>> fedora-legacy/ would be a good place for it.
>>

> If you want to store keys on a disk then I do not see what is wrong
> with /etc/pki.  You can always create such location and I do not see
> a particular need to introduce spurious differences between
> distributions.
True, I am suggesting the /usr/share/doc location to avoid
differences between distributions.  Since everything pre-FC4 stores
keys there.  FC4 actually seems to have them in both locations.

> Of course an URL to the key could be also in http://... , or some
> other protocol, form.  You need to retrieve it only once and rpm
> from FC3 will import it.

Yeah, that is also a good idea, but I couldn't remember if the FC3
version of yum supported the URL syntax...

-Jeff