Upcoming transition of FC3

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Sat Oct 22 15:59:19 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 11:49 -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:

> Has anyone given thought to pushing an update to yum that enables these
> repos as the last update to come from the Fedora Project? That way for those
> that do not realize the transition is happening, it "just works" for them?
>
> I realize there are both positives and negatives to this but I just thought
> I would throw it out for discussion.

My policy all along has been that users need to make a conscience choice
to start getting Legacy updates.  This is why we ship the repo files in
a disabled state.  The directory structure will be there (although empty
until just before the release) so if they turn it on early it won't
break yum, but I still want them to manually turn it on.  With the new
graphical updating tool (pup) coming in FC5 it will be as easy as a
click of the mouse.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: