Pruning old vendor update packages?

Tom Yates madlists at teaparty.net
Mon Oct 24 14:04:38 UTC 2005

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005, Axel Thimm wrote:

> fedoralegacy.org does not remove old update packages. These make > 3GB
> for Fedora releases.
>
> Could that be fixed? Mirrors would be grateful, and the use of such
> before-EOL-obsoleted packages is very small.

i'm sorry to continue the trend of dissenting voices to every sensible
suggestion, but there is one major use of old update packages: they're
invaluable for rollback, in the (hopefully unlikely) event that a
newly-released package breaks something.  if the removal of superseded
updates from the mirrors is automated, is there any chance we could always
keep the *two* most recent, not just the most recent?

--

   Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net