Upcoming transition of FC3

Matthew Nuzum matt.followers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 19:59:18 UTC 2005

> The problem, and we have all seen this, is that those in the 'know' are
> not the ones who would sue FL.  All it will take is for FL to
> automagically update one package that breaks a custom billing
> application on a bored lawyer's computer....   I don't think the risk is
> worth trying to be noble.
> -Jim P.

BTW, FC isn't for bored lawyers and no one will get sued if FC breaks. FC is
explicitly designed for people who need to be on the cutting edge of Linux
and are willing to sacrifice the rock-solid stability that RHEL provides.

Anyone "in the know" who is deploying FC to bored lawyers or others
computers in need of serious reliability is a glutton for pain, IMHO.

--
Matthew Nuzum <matt at followers.net>
www.followers.net - Makers of "Elite Content Management System"