what about upgrades to sendmail?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Oct 24 23:50:06 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 19:36 -0400, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> I ask because I have successfully created an rpm of sendmail-8.13.4 for
> RH7.3 which has solved many email security problems. Is there a place
> for this in fedora legacy?

Are they security problems not addressed by current open bugs at
bugzilla.redhat.com for Legacy packages?  Do they actually affect the
version of sendmail that is being used (are you sure they haven't been
fixed by prior revisions of the sendmail rpm?)  We patch in the security
patch but don't upgrade the sendmail version.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (http://www.fedoralegacy.org)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: