Fedora Legacy Test Update Notification: httpd and mod_ssl

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Oct 25 15:44:01 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 11:06, Jesse Keating wrote:
>On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 09:59 -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
>> 166941 started out as a bug for many somethings, all of them totally
>> unrelated to rh73.  Even the Summary suggests it has nothing to do
>> with rh73.
>
>Unfortunately thats going to happen.  A bug will be filed regarding one
>aspect of a flaw, but under investigation it will appear that there are
>many things affected by the flaw and thus must be fixed.  In the effort
>of simplicity, these are all tracked by the top level bug.  I can ask
>that if other packages are going to be involved, either edit the first
>bug title, or file a secondary bug referencing the package, then close
>it pointing to the first bug.  That way the bug can be found by searches
>and it will lead you to the master bug.
>
>This stuff isn't easy, and there are bound to be an odd package or 2
>like this that crop up.  Sorry.

In attempting to update the mod_ssl package on my firewall/gateway, I
note that yum doesn't recognize the check-updates command, and when I
told it to update mod_ssl, it didn't spit out the name of the file, just
asked if this was ok.

Do I need a newer yum and or yum.conf on that rh7.3 box?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)