YUM Update of MOZILLA with FC2: Problem

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 16 03:19:38 UTC 2005

Mike McCarty wrote:
> I did a yum update today, and pulled mozilla

[snip]

> Now, when I select Edit->Preferences->Advanced, the selection screen
> on the right is blank.

And forgot to mention that I double-clicked on, for example,
Scripts & Plug-ins, or any other element under Advanced. In fact,
this is true for all the categories on the left. They expand,
but nothing shows up on the right when I select one of the
sub-categories. When I try to edit, for example,
Advanced->Scripts & Plug-ins
the title portion of the right hand side changes appropriately,
but the only thing (near the bottom) on the right hand side
other than the title are the OK, Cancel, and Help buttons.
The Help button brings up a blank help screen which cannot be
navigated.

> I found (after the update) that I inadvertently had left a copy of
> Mozilla running.
>
> What do I need to do?
>
> Mike

You have found the bank of Larn.