[FC1: Samba] James' Update Advisory

James Kosin jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com
Fri Sep 16 15:51:09 UTC 2005

Everyone,

REMEMBER:
~    (1)  My updates are not supported by anyone other than me or the
original group that is currently developing the software.
~    (2)  Fedora-Legacy, Fedora and other groups are not supporting
these updates.  Don't complain to them about my updates!!!  They
usually won't know what you are talking about.
~    (3) If I tell of a kernel update!  DO NOT GET RID OF YOUR OLD
KERNEL.  Keeping an old kernel that works installed is kinda like
having a bootable floppy that works, if something breaks you still
have a good system.
~    (4) Please let me know if you would like to see any other
updates.  Right now, I can't do a lot of updates but, I'm willing to
add as long as everyone knows I'm only one person.
~    (5) MY UPDATES HAVE ONLY BEEN TESTED WITH FC1 !!!  If you want to
try them on FC2, RedHat 7.3 etc you are welcome to try, but I can't
help with any problems...  I just don't have the time.

SAMBA 3.0.20
- ------------
Note:
I'm bumping the -# based on the number of patches applied to the
original source.  I didn't forget about -6, -7... Jerry posted the
patches to the website on Friday and included three patches; so, I'm
skipping from -5 to -8.

Fixes / Patches:
(a) Fix a regression in net rpc shutdown BUG-3080
(b) Fix for BUG-3044 & 3060 for dos application interoperability issues
(c) Fix crash bugs in winbindd & smbd for x64 systems

Source for patches  http://samba.org/samba/patches/

SOURCE RPM
- ----------
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/src/samba-3.0.20-8.fc1.src.rpm

i386 RPMS
- ---------
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/samba-3.0.20-8.fc1.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/samba-client-3.0.20-8.fc1.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/samba-common-3.0.20-8.fc1.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/samba-swat-3.0.20-8.fc1.i386.rpm

All of my binary packages are signed.....
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/RPM-GPG-KEY-JAMES

The SHA1 Sums for the binaries are here:
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/sha1sum.txt
The SHA1 Sums for the source files are here:
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/src/sha1sum.txt

I run a YUM server for FC1.... you can also point your updates to
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386
BUT ONLY IF YOU WANT!

Thanks
James Kosin