YUM Update of MOZILLA with FC2: Problem

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 20 15:50:33 UTC 2005

Mike McCarty wrote:

>> I did a yum update today, and pulled mozilla
>

> [snip]
>
>> Now, when I select Edit->Preferences->Advanced, the selection screen
>> on the right is blank.
>

> And forgot to mention that I double-clicked on, for example,
> Scripts & Plug-ins, or any other element under Advanced. In fact,
> this is true for all the categories on the left. They expand,
> but nothing shows up on the right when I select one of the
> sub-categories. When I try to edit, for example,
> Advanced->Scripts & Plug-ins
> the title portion of the right hand side changes appropriately,
> but the only thing (near the bottom) on the right hand side
> other than the title are the OK, Cancel, and Help buttons.
> The Help button brings up a blank help screen which cannot be
> navigated.
>

>> I found (after the update) that I inadvertently had left a copy of
>> Mozilla running.
>>
>> What do I need to do?

Ok, well, after some getting in and back out, Mozilla (seemed) to
start working. Unfortunately, it's not all there. I've still got
a problem.

I use Gnome with FC2.

I can view whatever I like, and I can use a plugin (like Acrobat)
to display files, but the download manager seems not to work. When
I try File->SavePageAs or right-click a link and try Save Link Target,
instead of getting a dialogue box I just get a lock-up of Mozilla.
When I click on the little X widget to close the window, I get
a pop-up dialogue with a message saying

The window "page i'm looking at - Mozilla" is not responding.
Forcing this application to quit will cause you to lose
any unsaved changes.

It has two buttons: Cancel and Force Quit.

It seems that it can download when using a plugin, and put things
in a temp area, but it cannot activate an interactive download.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.