Mock [Re: issues list(s)]

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Sat Sep 24 10:33:59 UTC 2005

On Sep 24, 2005, at 5:26 AM, Pekka Savola wrote:

> Hmm.. I guess this requires having quick access to all the RPMs in
> all the OS versions so building can be done quickly.
>
> Maybe the Fedora Legacy should provide 'Mock' as a service for
> creating packages for PUBLISH QA?
>
> That way all folks wouldn't need to set up their own Mock systems.

Yes, you'll want to have a local (either on your LAN or on the build
machine itself) mirror of the repositories.  I like the idea of
perhaps having a mock build system available to a handful of people
who create packages for Legacy - it could perhaps be setup much the
same way as the Fedora Extras build system, with the difference
being, once it is built it spits it back out for you to download/post
instead of queuing it for signing, release, etc.  See http://
fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Plague to read more about their build
system.

-Jeff