1-2-3 out, time for FC2?

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 6 15:36:20 UTC 2006

Quoting James Kosin <jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com>:

> I think that may be a better compromise.  We just need to break it up
> into whoever is willing to support each release and for how long and
> not worry about scrapping each release before it is time.

Problem is I am willing to support Fedora Core 3 64 bit, but I've been
unable to.  I don't have the time to track the bugs and do publish votes
right now (maybe I will later).  And by the time I install the updates-testing
stuff (which I do on a regular basis), test it for a day or so, write up
a report, the damn things already been released!  So my testing is useless
as I can't get it done before the package is released...

So, it may look like no one has any interest in FC3, but in reality I do.
If the release was say 6 days instead of 4, I could actually test the stuff.
I'm not in a position where I can stop my life to test the updates-testing
stuff just because we want a 4 day release period.

> It will go like RH8 did with support for 7.3 sticking around....
> mostly, due to the support of the community.

Yes, if we don't do a strict 1-2-3-out, then this is the way to go;
keep what people support, dump what they won't support.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!