FC3 (j)whois on .eu fails

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Apr 12 18:33:21 UTC 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) wrote:
> But Red Hat maintained packages will probably be updated, while the legacy
> packages may not. The question is whether legacy should do update the FL
> maintained package or say: "This has nothing to do with security so we won't
> fix it". I believe some people on this least agree this could be a slight
> security issue (at a stretch), i.e. when whois is used for automated lookups.

Let me put a challenge for you guys.

If I see work on jwhois src.rpm packages AND at least one another
NEEDSWORK package [1], for all the relevant distributions [2], I would
probably consider evaluation these under publish criteria.

But unless a proponent of the update actually steps up to do the work
(and some token work for some other Fedora Legacy updates), I wouldn't
recommend anyone else from Fedora Legacy project to spend their time
on this.  We have far too many, much more important packages still
sitting on the "needs packages" pile.

[1] http://netcore.fi/pekkas/buglist.html
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legacy/QASubmit