Red Hat Bugzilla changes for security?

David Eisenstein deisenst at gtw.net
Fri Apr 21 04:47:29 UTC 2006

Hey, Jesse.  Do you know anything about changes to Bugzilla that appeared
to happen today around 17:00 CDT?  I asked on the #Fedora-devel IRC
channel, and someone said, yes, there were changes made to Bugzilla, but
news of that was only broadcast internally.  (I assume that means only to
Red Hat people.)  You're a Red Hat people now.  :)

Here are the symptoms I saw of today's changes:

  * All the bugs on my bug-list(s) that were Severity="Security" have
    now become Severity="Normal," and it appears that these same bugs
    have had a new Keyword "Security" placed in the Keyword field.  A
    side-effect is that all the bugs listed in
    <https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi> lists are now
    colored black, instead of security ones being colored red.

  * Selecting "Security" from the drop-down list of the Severity field
    is no longer an option.

  * The Priority field now appears to be unsettable (at least on bug-
    pages) and looks fixed to be "Normal".

Any news on what all these changes are about?  Thanks!

	Regards,
	David Eisenstein