Fedora Core 4 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Aug 15 14:16:46 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 09:50, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> That is intersting except when you go to that site it wants you to
> logon. When I say I want togin anonomously I get back a message that
> content can not be displayed.
>
> Am I the only one that is driven to distraction by the fac that the
> fedora legacy
> repositories just don't exist or don't work.

I'm sorry Aaron, perhaps we haven't made it absolutely clear yet.  The
legacy-yumconf we provided a link to for you will install an extra repository
into your yum setup.  Currently the repository it points to is just as all of
the released updates from Fedora thus far.  Fedora Legacy has not ADDED any
updates yet.  You shouldn't have to touch anyother yum configs, leave them
all enabled.  You'll still be able to do yum installs and yum updates.  When
Legacy makes an update to Fedora Core 4, we will add it to the repository
that our yumconf points to, and the next time you yum update you'll see that
update.

Is this clear yet?  Can you please please please tell me if you're still
unclear on something?

I'm somewhat upset that you're telling people that we aren't responding to
you, when in fact multiple people on this list are trying to help you.