apache logging problems

Joshua Andrews josh at wavefood.com
Mon Aug 28 06:04:27 UTC 2006

I upgraded my redhat 6.2 - 7.0 boxes to redhat 9 and now I am having a
strange thing happen with apache logging. My virtual hosts log to their
own separate locations, and it has worked fine this way for years, but
now, sometimes after the Sunday 4:02 AM restart there is no more logging
(combined log or error log), for the virtual servers and I have to stop
and restart apache to get logging working again. The logs are rotated
properly and there are new files created which are writable but no
entries are made.

Any ideas what is going wrong?
Thanks,
-Joshua