Fedora Legacy shutting down

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Dec 30 16:31:52 UTC 2006

On Saturday 30 December 2006 05:32, Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) wrote:
> I'd like to mirror the legacy tree (at least the FC2, FC3 and FC4
> part of it) to a local server, but 'rsync download.fedoralegacy.org
> legacy' tells me I cannot mirror the tree as I'm not an official
> mirror. http://www.fedoralegacy.org/download/mirror-form.php tells me
> mirror registration is disabled. Is there a quick way to get those
> files? I'd rather not download them one by one and I might want to
> use a couple of those rpms before I have completed migrating my EOL'd
> Fedora servers.

If you read the message more carefully you'll see that you aren't being denied
access, only that mirrors have a special port to use that should the load
become too high only the mirrors would get access.  You're perfectly capable
of rsyncing all the content you want.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora