issues list(s)

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 7 19:01:00 UTC 2006

Quoting Benjamin Smith <lists at benjamindsmith.com>:

> The process of QA testing is a pain, and fraught with potential errors.

I agree it is a pain, I'm not sure what potential errors you mean, or how
your solution would not be fraught with potential errors.

> I see no reason why this should be - two members of this list have come up
> with a good foundation for scripts that automate much of the process of
> determining test packages that are installed. Both parties (myself being one
> of them) have expressed strong interest in working with the FL website
> maintainers to make submitting this information easy, painless, and
> relatively error-free.

Then run with it.  Don't wait for someone else to take up the cause.

> In short, give us a URI template that we can write a script to go to in order
> to report packages that are in test that are installed, and we'll happily
> make it easy to setup/use. Making it easier to do will result in more people
> doing it!

Okay.  Tell me what you expect that URI template to do, and I'll consider
it.  Not enough information above for me to do anything.

> Whattaya say?

More info needed.

--
Eric Rostetter