Auto-reporting of successful testing packages

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 7 19:22:58 UTC 2006

Quoting Benjamin Smith <lists at benjamindsmith.com>:

> Attached is a PHP script that, when run at the command line, returns
>  a list of
> "testing" packages currently installed.

I just looked at your script now.  In it, it says:

         yum list installed puts a number and a colon at the beginning
         of the version info. I don't know what it's for, but it
         makes the packages fail pattern matching, so it's gotta go.

That number and colon is the "Epoch" number of the RPM.  Normally not
used, but it shouldn't really be ignored in case it is used.

I think the legacycheck.pl script is a better base to start with than
yours (just my humble opinion), so there may be no need to modify your
script, but I thought I'd let you know what those numbers mean as a matter
of course...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics