no mandatory QA testing at all [Re: crazy thought about how to ease QA testing]

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 14 19:11:41 UTC 2006

Mike McCarty wrote:

> Jesse Keating wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 02:31 -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
>>
>>> Ok then, it seems to me that there is no longer any distinction
>>> between the released repository, and the test repository.
>>> So, please send out an e-mail three days before the first
>>> "timed release" so I can pull a last tested version before
>>> removing the legacy repository from my yum configuration.
>>

>> I appreciate your concern mike, however if we have people testing during
>> the timeout period, then there would be no untested packages.  If I see
>

> I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.

If people are interested in testing and providing feedback they would be
able to do that within the specified time limit. If a sufficient amount
of people are not interested in providing feedback either the platform
can be dropped out of the legacy maintenance or the update can be pushed
into the main legacy repository after QA work done by the packager. That
is the proposal.  The way you can help is either by doing the QA work or
suggesting alternative proposals that would help in preventing important
security and bug fixes lagging in updates testing for a infinite amount
of time awaiting feedback.

--
Rahul