FC3 yum instructions

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Feb 22 06:47:28 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 21:49 -0600, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> Fedora itself does not do it this way.  I'd rather we didn't either.
> I do recognize that the other Fedora Community Projects do, but I don't
> consider us to be the same level as most of them.

We're considering doing away with the fedora.redhat.com website.  1) It
ties Fedora uneccessarily to Red Hat, 2) it takes a lot of effort to
change something there.  With the new content management stuff going
online for fedoraproject.org we may see fedora.redhat.com become just a
link to this.  Still being discussed AFAIK.

> I suppose you could compare us with the Fedora Documentation Project
> at best, not the Extras Project.  And they do maintain web pages as
> well as wiki pages.  In fact, they only caved and went to wiki pages
> due to user input for various things to be in wiki (instead of requiring
> knowledge of XML, etc).  I don't we have the same problem, and we've had
> wiki since (more or less) the start unlike the Documentation Project,
> so...

I'm working on getting us to the level that Extras is.  We now are a
true subproject, I chair the project to the Fedora Foundation / board,
same way that Extras is.  We're getting closer to using Fedora CVS for
our sources, and using a build system like Fedora Extras.  What else
keeps us from being of the same level?