Fedora Legacy Test Update Notification: kernel (fc3)

Stefan Neufeind fedora-legacy at neufeind.net
Wed Feb 22 16:24:47 UTC 2006

Henry Hartley wrote:

>>> The kernel update just hit updates-testing, but hasn't been
>>> released yet into the updates channel. I think you may have yum
>>> configured to only use the updates channel, not updates-testing?
>
> Yes, that seems to be the problem.  I have base, updates, and utils but
> not testing.  Is it recommended that I have testing or am I safer with
> what I have?

Sure you are "saver" off with not using testing. However, if you have
the chance, using testing and reporting back any potential problems that
might occur is highly appreciated. So to say, if  you don't have the
machine in a critical production environment, you might possible
consider trying the testing-updates.

Also confirmations ("works") for testing-updates are recommended.
However, note that reporting "works" can only be true for software you
actually use ... not just "installs fine" :-)

Regards,
 Stefan